Hybrid Software Group PLC
Hybrid Software Group PLC is a leading developer of integrated hardware and software solutions for graphics and industrial inkjet printing. We are at the forefront of technology developments used for printing and manufacturing an increasingly diverse range of goods, from food labelling and packaging, to textiles, floor tiles, and wall coverings, and even additive manufacturing and 3-D printing applications. Our strategic focus is to provide technology to offer OEMs more integrated solutions for their production digital presses, to increase market share in the fast-growing inkjet market, to provide efficient and innovative enterprise software tools for packaging production, and to expand the geographical reach of our solutions.
Our operating subsidiaries are:
ColorLogic: an award-winning, global company committed to providing the most advanced software technology in color management.
- Global Graphics Software: one of the world’s foremost software developers with the expertise to break down graphical designs into pixels or vector before they are printed or displayed.
- HYBRID Software: develops software tools for the entire labels and packaging pre-press value chain, from design to production, with focus on innovative productivity tools for the graphic arts industry.
- iC3D: the industry’s largest library of modelling templates for digital packaging design and prototyping.
- Meteor Inkjet: the premier provider of the driver electronics and software for industrial inkjet machines that instruct a printhead what to print.
- Xitron: specialists in prepress solutions that drive imagesetters, proofers, platesetters, inkjet presses and digital presses.
Our customers include the world’s leading brands, such as Canon, HP, Roland, Hymmen, Mark Andy, Kodak, Epson, Ricoh, Blue Label Packaging and BSC. We help our customers to respond to technical challenges with innovation, adding value to their products, and getting them to market quickly.
Our investment case
- Inkjet adoption is increasing rapidly across multiple industry sectors.
- Analogue markets are converting to digital production.
- Hybrid Software Group PLC is the only vertically integrated supplier to this market.
- Group operating companies are award-winning technology leaders.
- Hybrid Software Group enables customers to migrate their traditional manufacturing processes to digital inkjet.
- Synergies between Group companies following strategic acquisitions made in 2021 will accelerate innovation and revenue growth.
Annual financial report
Download a copy of the Hybrid Software Group PLC’s annual report and financial statements for the year ending 31st December 2021 (formerly Global Graphics PLC).
Hybrid Software Group is the only full stack supplier of all the critical core technologies needed for inkjet printing.
Our strategy is to acquire the technology and skills that enable us to offer press manufacturers and print service providers a more integrated solution for their production digital presses. We plan to continue to add value for press manufacturers by offering more of what they need to differentiate the product lines and to tap into new revenue streams.
March 2022 iC3D
Acquisition of iC3D to own technology for digital packaging design that allows users to design and generate asymmetric 3D models quickly, such as perfume bottles, trigger sprays and moulded containers. It is fully integrated into STEPZ and PACKZ from HYBRID Software.
October 2021 ColorLogic GmbH
Acquisition of ColorLogic GmbH, leading developers of high-end color management technologies, notably extended gamut color management, providing the speed and quality required for the accurate matching of brand colors in digital label and packaging production.
January 2021 HYBRID Software Group S.à r.l.
Acquisition of HYBRID Software Group S.à r.l. from Congra Software S.à r.l. HYBRID Software is a group of software development and marketing companies focused on enterprise software for the graphic arts industry, with a strong focus on labels and packaging.
November 2019 Xitron LLC
Acquisition of Xitron LLC a prepress solutions company based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. Xitron develops workflow systems and interfaces to drive the pre-press industry’s most popular output devices and has been buidling solutions around the Harlequin RIP® since 1991. It is expanding its footprint in production inkjet.
December 2016 TTP Meteor
Acquisition of TTP Meteor Limited (now Meteor Inkjet Limited) developers of production-ready electronics and software to drive industrial inkjet print heads. The acquisition enables Hybrid Software Group to offer a broader solution to inkjet press manufacturers by combining our software solutions with Meteor’s industrial print head driver solutions.
September 2015 URW++
Acquisition of URW++ Design and Development GmbH. Sold to Monotype GmbH in May 2020.
March 2015 RTI
Acquisition of RTI Global, Inc. and RIPMall Technologies, Inc. providers of custom-branded versions of the Harlequin RIP direct to print service providers and printing equipment manufacturers. Now part of the Xitron portfolio.